Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KX080-3 No Start Help

RickyBobby123 · 2023-11-26 23:47

Hey all, I have a KX080-3 with a couple of gremlins. First off, I had an intermittent no-start, giving errors for the wrong key. Tried all 3 keys including the red one. I would be able to rotate the key 180 and it would start the machine. Now, I have no start at all. I diagnosed a failing ignition switch, however, I still have no power to the anti-theft antenna. I'm having trouble finding where the source power is for the anti-theft, as well as if it's something that I can just disable. Any help would be awesome. I'm fairly mechanically and electronically proficient so I can answer most questions.

Replies7
  1. #1Gary Layton2023-11-27 10:20

    I'm pretty sure these guys are going to want a serial number to help better identify information specific to your machine. You should post it up.

  2. #2RickyBobby1232023-12-10 09:00

    Serial: 20067 Engine No: 800433 PIN: JKUK080E01H20067 Bump

  3. #3masterwelder2023-12-10 20:43

    Did you replace the switch? A typical antenna just receives a signal from a transmitter and delivers is to a receiver. What is leading you to believe the antenna needs power? If it indeed needs power, and it can be verified to be 12v can you try a jumper to see if you can start the machine? From my limited knowledge of Kubotas anti theft, the key has the “code“ in it. From there I’m out. I’m not sure how it interfaces with the machine… through an antenna to the ecm? If the keys aren’t sending out a signal that may need to be verified as part of the troubleshooting.

  4. #4Simon C2023-12-10 20:46

    Probably could get some help if you could post a picture of the schematics of the key switch to starter. Your dealer might get you some if you talk nice. They are so valuable in figuring out what is wrong. Good job in posting the serial numbers. Simon C

  5. #5RickyBobby1232023-12-10 21:13

    Switch has been replaced. The keys do not have batteries just chips, so unlikely the chips go bad. The antenna has a light, as well as a “gate” that covers the switch. There are 6 wires going to it. Using the manual from the kx080-4 (same antenna, kx080-3 doesn’t have as much info in manual) it indicates power going to the antenna. I’m looking at the kx080-3 manual and having trouble deciphering which component in the diagram is the a antenna. If I supply 12v to the antenna and try to start the machine, I get “improper key detected” error. With no power, nothing.

  6. #6masterwelder2023-12-10 21:44

    May be a couple of different problems. The dash 3s are fairly simple. Small fuse box IIRC. No ecm as I referenced before- almost all mechanical. I would want to verify the keys are capable of delivering the appropriate information. Sounds like dealer time for that. No power to the antenna may be something on its own. Are you missing other switched operations like lights, horn, wiper etc? There is a main fuse like a 60a but is there another located right next to it? My memory of it is fuzzy. Then you have the fuse box in another location. Maybe 6 or 8 fuses. Your sure the replacement switch is the correct one?

  7. #7RickyBobby1232023-12-10 21:46

    Pretty much everything else is working on the machine. Triple checked all fuses. Replacement switch was a superseded part number on Messicks