Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

KX41-3 Swing Bearing Replacement – anyone do it?

Garauld ยท 2015-12-16 22:16

Hi gang - my KX41-3 has 2700 hr and the swing bearing is just getting too sloppy/jerky front-to-back. Has anyone had theirs replaced or did you do it yourself? The dealer cost for a new brg is about $1600. I was hoping to find an aftermarket one, but no luck as yet. What did it finally cost for the repair? Thanks a bunch for your reply.

Replies3
  1. #1rondig2016-03-20 02:37

    Nasty job....need to lift whole house...did it on a kx 41-2 it sucked.....my bearing was bought from ntn direct .kubota has oem proprietary rights....but if you take it in the bearing shop they will measure it and get you the right one...it was about 600 bucks plus my time.....I would send.mine to auction before doing it again. Which I did shortly after anyways...good luck though....I needed to use my 9050b to lift house off and get out of way....you will want to check all the lines and swivels while your there....it was more then a bearing for me...some machining was required....

  2. #2rondig2016-03-20 02:39

    Now I trade my minis at 2000 hrs and my.midis at 3000 hrs....rarely have any problems....

  3. #3caterpillarmech2016-03-20 07:49

    I did a 304 Cat once, can't be much different. 6 hoses and a row of bolts. I used a fork lift for mine and set it on four stands. Looks like the hoses are all external. Should be a fairly straight forward job.