I picked up a ford L9000 single axle this summer with a 280 hp L10, I have quite a bit of white smoke at low rpm, I'm thinking it's going to need injectors, it runs good and strong and the smoke clears up after you get going. Anyone have a rough idea of what it will cost to do injectors? Also would like to do a jake on it down the road, any idea of cost on that? Thanks!
Hard to say without knowing what year. The L10 was used for many years and had several different fueling systems... STC? PT? Is the timing correct? Have you done an overhead? As far as I know only exhaust brakes are available for the L10.
Not too sure on the details. Going to look into it next week hopefully when the mechanic is here working on the loader. I will look at it tomorrow and see if I can figure out what fuel system it has. I'm pretty sure jake will work on the L10, but if not an exhaust brake would be fine.