!992 Freightliner L10 i think it has a bad injecter they drove it by to fuel it up and it sounded like it was missing. Two more 130 mile trips and the driver said it wasnt runing wright. Number 6 cyl is dead. Is there any way i can narrow it down to a injecter?
Well I have swapped injectors from one cyl to another to see if the miss stays or moves with the injector.
I have done this before and was thinking about it. I liked it alot beter when they didnt have wires on them. Maybe i try to make it harder than it is.
92 should still be a mechanical? Pretty straightforward to swap, even if it's a L10E.
I got a new injecter today the place i got it from lent me a book and let me use the tool to remove it and install it. I started it without the valve cover or the turbo pipeing it ran on all 6cyl. I was thinking it mite be a electric or ECM problem and didnt want to throw money at it without knowing. I wish i could have more manuals it would take some guess work out of my work.
Its made a trip and started runing bad missing on number 6 it allso used about 2 gallons of oil in around 200miles it has alot of miles on it maybe a piston?
I'd say a compression test is in order before too much more.
Or pull the exhaust manifold and see which exhaust port is oiled. Truck Shop