Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

L120C reverse not working

xcavate ยท 2011-01-29 09:11

I borrowed a loader from a friend today to move some snow. Its an older L120C. Anyway The reverse went out after driving it home. I did use reverse once or twice prior to driving it home and it worked. There sounds like a shaft is spining but the wheels aren't moving. Kinda like the tranny isn't engaged right. Any thoughts on what it could be?

Replies4
  1. #1cps2011-01-29 14:23

    First things first! are you sure it is going into gear? It could be the Forward/Reverse leveler! This would be the most common and by far the cheapest! There is also a F/R rocker switch beside the 3 levers is it going into reverse with this?

  2. #2xcavate2011-01-29 15:37

    I dont think I have the toggle switch next to the controls. There is a slight rattle like the tranny is only half engaged. It just stopped going into reverse. No big blowout or anything like that. All gears forward still work no problem. I just hope its not expensive since my buddy was doing my a favor and letting me borrow the machine.

  3. #3xcavate2011-01-31 18:13

    Turns out it was the shifter on the column. I found the switch on the side. The picture was worn off so I didnt know what the switch was for. The switch in the column is like $500 which seems like alot.

  4. #4karlbradshaw2013-03-24 07:19

    Hi, is a gear shift stick the most common problem when the loader won't move? I've got an L70 which hesitates to move in gear. It's electronic because you can hear a relay/switch clicking when she does decide to move. All the best, Karl from the UK