The main hydraulic pump will not fully destroke. Volvo tech says $2100 pump regulator is bad. Even with load sense disconnected, pump won't fully destroke. Any Volvo gurus on here with some insight before I put in a $2100 regulator or $3400 pump w/ regulator. I have all the books and all the gauges, but I have no experience on Volvos. Now, if it were a Deere, I wouldn't be asking. TIA
If the pump does not destroke when the LS line is removed the problem must be within the pump or regulator. I would assume that your dealer tech has removed the regulator and disassembled/inspected it. There is an orifice that can only be access while the regulator is removed that must be in the proper position to operate properly. It looks like a screw head with a slot in it. It must be positioned so that the slot is perpendicular to the spools of the regulator. Other than that there is only 2 spools with springs and adjustments. If they work freely and the bores are good they should work.If the regulator is working correctly then the pump is at fault. If it were me I would put the reman pump on rather than risk replacing the regulator and have it not be the problem.
I work at a volvo dealer, and i will try to get you a little more monday when im back at a computer, but I can say work on the price some with the dealer and call a hyd house, they might be able to rebuild it cheaper
In the regulator assy there are 2x small spools one of these spools has a very small orifice that has to be clean, i would check this first as i have seen pumps replaced because of this being blocked.