Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

L90C third valve

BAD5oh ยท 2015-02-14 13:15

Have a L90c with no 3rd function. There is a 3rd valve already set up but there are no lines or pilot valve in the cab. I read a post about a similar situation in here for a L180D. My local dealer said there is no kit. For kicks I gave him the part number posted for the 180D. He told me its a $4400 kit. Is this right?? A pilot valve and hoses that expensive? I know it may not even be the right one for my loader but still, that's crazy money. Besides that, is that the kit I would need?

Replies2
  1. #1cuttin edge2015-02-14 13:42

    If it's a complete kit, Hoses, valves, clamps, and interior trim, could be pricy. Just replaced a front wiper motor and linkage on an L90 Parts were around $1300, and we did the install. Cat installed a new wiper motor on a 950 for about $450. Maybe you could get an old wood splitter valve JK. Parts get expensive, and our rates stay the same. Where will it end.

  2. #2Ben Witter2015-02-15 15:48

    There may have been a kit but it may not be available as one part any more. Call Steve and ask him to check on kit # 11703810. Don't expect it to be cheap or even available on that vintage machine. You may be able to order it piecemeal.