I have an early 70's Lacrosse trailer that is still in good condition. However, I need brake parts for the two front axles and can't find them anywhere. I need the backing plates for the shoes, spring kit, and s cam. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Try here, Western Michigan Fleet Parts 18 Washington Ave, Zeeland, MI 49464• (616) 772-0990
We still pull a 1951 LaCrosse .My old lowboy dosent have the backing plates on it.The brake shoes on my trailer use a "bolt on" lining insted of rivets.Well built old trailer.If I was looking for parts I might try www.brakesupply.com or www.autowheelandrim.com
Thanks Crash935, I talked to Michigan Fleet Parts and they sent me to Sawyer Sales in Eastern Michigan. Sawyer was unable to help so I've been talking to Fleet Pride to try and get something figured out. I'm headed to the Indianapolis location today to see if they can match it up. Thanks again.
td25c...I was wrong, I believe mine is a 1961 trailer. Mine has the bolt on shoes, which the trailer came with new shoes and drums. I think the previous owner ran into the same road block and failed to mention it. I've asked a few machine shops about making it but no one wants the liability. I could get by with no brakes on the front axle since it is just going to be used around the farm as a spray trailer. Im just afraid DOT would have a hay day if I ever get stopped. I will try these two places that you mentioned. Thanks
I think I may have missunderstood,What I call the "backing plate" is the stamped steel piece that covers the brake assembly on the inside of the wheel.It sounds like your missing some parts of the front axil? Dont have the old brake shoes & s-cams?
Sorry for the delay been busy farming. You are correct, it is the shoe that Im missing. Im headed to the place you recommended in Evansville this morning. Thanks
Hopefully they can find you a set of shoes mar-bri.I've had pretty good luck with both places .
Can anyone please give me guidance on an old LaCrosse lowboy trailer? durability? Any ideas on the various models? I am looking at a 1930's/ 1940's vintage lowboy trailer
They are a well built trailer IHguy.My first employer had a 10' wide lacrosse lowboy ,I beleive it was mid 1940's vintage.It was a pretty cool setup,had tandem axils with 16 wheels on it. I think it was rated at 50 tons.What I found interesting was most of the steel on it was rivetted insted of welded construction.Tough old rigg,looked like an old iron bridge going down the highway
LaCrosse trailer Thank you for your input. I appreciate it. -IHguy / Marty
I forgot to ask IHguy,What type of LaCrosse are you looking at ? My trailer is a 1951 model,My dad keeps telling me to buy a newer lowboy but I figure if it had made it this long after 62 years she's good for a few more .Looking at a trailer that age I would think the worst factor would be rust damage.Here's another thread on LaCrosse trailers IHguy and good luck in your search for a lowboy HeavyEquipmentForums
Lacrosse Trailer I am not sure of the age of he Lacrosse. I was told about it being for sale - friend of a friend. I'll get more info this week. The friend thought that it was from the 1930's or 1940's. I will circle back with you when I get more details. Thank you.