Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

land mangement

catwelder ยท 2017-05-01 18:14

aright so I was looking into the whole forestry mulching and all that fun stuff my question is where does that fall under does it fall under a general contractors license's or a landscaping license's. I might be way off though I tried finding it for north Carolina but I could not come up with what you would be considered and what licenses you would need to get.

Replies2
  1. #1CM19952017-05-01 18:56

    It depends on your states rules for contracting. In Alabama for example one can do a job up to $50K without a general contractors license. I think the threshold for residential construction is a $10K project before needing a homebuilders license. I don't know where forestry mulching would fit in as it's not commercial nor residential per se unless it was specifically for a commercial or residential project. Here is the NC contractor licensing law - http://www.nclbgc.org/books/LawNReg.pdf It appears the threshold is $30K per job from scanning the law. I would read it all to see what pertains to what you want to do.

  2. #2catwelder2017-05-02 16:50

    thank you ill have to read it and maybe figure out what I'm trying to do