Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

large collection in Tacoma will be sold soon, stop by and check it out before it goes

skyking1 · 2023-10-26 21:16

The co-owner of Williams Oil Service in Tacoma loved toy tractors and trucks, and he filled the shelf tops at the store with them for decades. He passed away this summer and his family wants to close that chapter. These are a few pictures to give an idea of the magnitude of the collection.

Replies17
  1. #1skyking12023-10-26 21:22

    looks like a bad day on the grapevine. That shelf of classics just keeps going out of sight Wiggle Wagons represent!

  2. #2skyking12023-10-26 21:27

    This first picture, look at all the different top shelf collections. I did not try to get an angle on them all. a real camera and lens would be handy. he liked the construction equipment too.

  3. #3631G2023-10-26 21:31

    Impressive. Too bad I’m on the other side of the continent…I’d buy some of those for my office

  4. #4Truck Shop2023-10-27 22:00

    Some are real old die cast, those won't last long.

  5. #5Old Growth2023-10-27 22:10

    Thats a tiny fraction of whats there. Even the staff and break rooms in back are full. Every parts isle top shelf from the front of the store to the back is full of them.

  6. #6skyking12023-10-27 23:19

    Thanks @Old Growth for that. I only see the aisle tops and those go on and on. Just to be clear these are not for sale here. They are just going away soon and a person could stop by Mon-Fri and just admire them a bit in person before that happens. They don't seem to mind. We have had an account there since before I started with this outfit.

  7. #7CM19952023-10-28 00:43

    Thank you for sharing Sky. Outstanding collection. Wore out one of these out in the backyard as a kid building roads and cities. Good times. Had the obligatory Tonka truck, Tonka wheel loader and the JD dozer however the ERTL JD backhoe was the boss. IIRC it was a 410?

  8. #8Old Growth2023-10-28 00:47

    SkyKing, usually if ya ask they will show ya all the ones behind the scenes too. The old owner has rooms at home of BRAND NEW ones also. He sold the bizz, but kept the toys and the new owners continued to display them. Thats how I was told/understood it. It wont be the same to go in there and get supplies.

  9. #9skyking12023-10-28 02:01

    That lowboy behind the hose counter, I think that's my favorite.

  10. #10crane operator2023-10-28 09:45

    And now you run all that CAT equipment? I had the ford industrial version. I think it may be in mom's basement yet. Too poor to have a ROPS.

  11. #11CM19952023-10-28 11:16

    Has the JD dozer and elevating scrape too.

  12. #12Crummy2023-10-28 11:23

    Good 'ol WOFSCO. I was buying from them before they moved down to the grocery store. Sitting on the stool reading the log truck paper waiting.... Best filter and hose shop ever back in the day.

  13. #13skyking12023-10-28 13:07

    Yes the location up on the hill was cool. My buddy worked at a propeller shop that was near there. All that industry in that little wedge of the hill went away. They don't give us any price breaks on the account but admittedly our volume is stupidly low. I'll keep signing those tickets.

  14. #14OzDozer2023-10-28 20:46

    So ... this guy really has WON? He's gonna die with the MOST TOYS??

  15. #15RocketScott2023-10-29 10:02

    Miss being able to go in there. The local hose shop here is more expensive and doesn't have the character

  16. #16stinky642023-11-25 16:25

    I've got one of those too, lives in what I call the house of tractors on a shelf with other treasures. Found that particular treasure in the trash when I drove residential garbage route.

  17. #17crane operator2023-11-25 16:31

    Be careful with the loader side. Get a little carried away and the bucket curl will get off the tracks, then you'll have to give it a good smack to get the nubs back in the tracks on the arms. It's probably not the quality JD unit that CM1995 had.