Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Large mining excavator laydown yard (pic heavy)

Chris5500 ยท 2009-10-24 21:58

While I was in Brisbane, back in June, for work, I came across this laydown yard with alot of large excavators just sitting there, brand new from the factory. I forget the actual numbers I counted now, but the list included Liebherr 996, Hitachi EX5500-6, Komatsu PC4000-6, Terex O&K RH340-B, Komatsu PC5500-6. Anyone know anything about this or where the excavators are going to/who they belong to?

Replies8
  1. #1Chris55002009-10-24 22:00

    And some more...

  2. #2ben46a2009-10-24 23:14

    Well theres certainley no brand loyalty there! lol

  3. #3Chris55002009-10-25 01:29

    Your not wrong mate! Thats certainly one investment thats not making any money.

  4. #4alco2009-10-25 03:09

    That would sure be something I'd love to see! I can only imagine they are a basic holding lot until the machines are put through customs and shipped to their respective mines.

  5. #5Chris917862009-10-25 17:25

    Looks like a D10 blade in that one pic

  6. #6Chris55002009-10-25 23:56

    There certainly was no shortage of equipment there, dozers, trucks, tower cranes etc I was only interested in the excavatros though, sorry For anyone who lives near Brisbane and wants to have a sticky beak the name of the road was Boundary Road, Acacia Ridge.

  7. #7d4c24a2009-10-26 16:08

    laing o,rourke http://www.laingorourke.com.au/content/projects/ could they belong to these people ,who,s name is in one of the pictures they are big in the UK too cheers graham

  8. #8Gavin84w2009-10-27 04:30

    Dont think so, although they have big plans for Australia