As the title says. 2007 Peterbilt 367 Tridrive, 2 axle lockers, Cat C15 Acert @ 550HP, Eaton-fuller 18SPD.
That thing is awsome. I think that looks like a fun part of the world to run but I bet it would bite to have to be hooked onto by that thing.
Hi ! can you tell if the wrecker apparatus is made by NRC please ?
You got that right, what do you mean by "I bet it would bite to have to be hooked onto by that thing"?
Sure looks like an NRC industries unit to me.
Hey sorry, forgot to reply earlier, it isn't made by NRC, made by Century, and the storage box that is separate from the wrecker body closest to the truck sleeper is an add on from factory, so no, not NRC, Century.
That's the biggest one? Sure would've thought there would've been some big rotators up there
HI ! Century is made in US if I recall proeprly and NRC is made in St-Paul D'Abbostford QC (3 km from my home in Granby ) I know couple of people working there . nice wrecker anyway !!!
That's what I was thinking until I was talking to my friend (one of the 2 operators) and he said it would be useless around here, not enough hills, and the nearest one is only about 500KM away, not needed.
Did a truck swap last night, here are a few pictures. Camera wasn't working right, so that's the bluryness, sorry :/
Great pic's. Kyle
Thanks again Kyle. And I actually got to be a swamper, he got me to hook the chains and run the underlift/boom. Great time. Learning to drive soon.
C15 Acert Huh........ So what tows you when you break down?
Haha, well nothing. This truck hasn't had a major repair for over a year. And about 1.5 on the powertrain it's self. Regular service and maintainence is key. As well as having a good engine to start with.
So it didn't have a Acert to begin with? :tong
I used to drive tow trucks... We had a 1990 KW T-800 with a Cat 425 with 1.8 million KM on it and still ran like a champ! That was a heavy rotator for its day. NRC Sliding rotator good for 80,000 off the back and 40,000 off the sides. Driving tow trucks(specifically heavies) is a rewarding job and you can make a fortune doing it if you don't mind long hours, running three log books and working on 3 hours of sleep!
Here is that KW Tator.. I forgot to mention they have an 07 International 9900I Eagle with a 475 twin turbo Century wrecker good for 70,000 lbs. They also have a 96 Pete 379 with a 425 Cat and I cant remember what kind of wrecker body is on that, but it has 5/8 cable on it anyways..That's just a little tandem though
Very very cool.
Thats an NRC slding rotator. Looks like a 40 ton.