I have been running a 700J with an Apache system on it. It works fine 98% of the time but every couple of hours it will go crazy and start making the blade go up and down, up and down, up and down. You have to cut the system off and wait a few minutes to cut it back on. It's not losing sight of the laser tripod either. The laser and indicate head can be pointing at each other and at a close distance and it will start doing this junk. Any ideas as to what the cause might be?
have any strobe lights going on in the area?
Anyone getting close to it with a vibratory roller or maybe your dozer is shaking the ground when you get close. We had the same problem with or top con mm laser. Grade would start bouncing then the laser would just stop until the roller got far enough away. Also very windy days would shake the tripod, found that some of the screws in the base were lose.
I was leaning towards some sort of radio interference myself. It's not an issue of the ground shaking because I can visually see that the laser head is still turning when the indicator goes crazy. I hadn't thought of the wind, but still the laser never quits spinning. Oh well, I will figure it out some day.
The "vibration sensor" on my laser is a joke. You have to almost knock it over to make it stop spinning. I didn't think there would be a radio receiver in an auto blade control system. I know there are systems that use radio to send a signal to an in cab display, but I thought any system that could move the blade would be hard-wired. Have you called Apache? Have you tried it with a different laser? I don't think the laser will be the problem, but it should be easy to borrow one to see. Good Luck, Mitch
Our laser shuts off if a grasshopper jumps on it.
Well, I finally figured it out. The sensor for automatic doors on commercial buildings interferes with the system somehow.