Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lashed Out! – Bought new D11R

Squizzy246B ยท 2006-03-02 08:37

:wink2 Well I finally caved into the pressure....Do you think the 3 year old will like it??..the skid is his favourite :bouncegri :bouncegri :bouncegri

Replies20
  1. #1rino14942006-03-02 10:42

    haha, he can push his cheerios around with it :bouncegri

  2. #2Cat4202006-03-02 12:03

    You're never too young or too old for some die cast replicas (not to be confused with toys of course:wink2 ) Here's mine http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/foody580/detail?.dir=eed8&.dnm=7b85.jpg&.src=ph

  3. #3RyanCKing2006-03-02 22:34

    What scale is that? Ive looked around for larger replicas but havnt been able to find any.

  4. #4Squizzy246B2006-03-02 23:05

    1:50 I think..its hidden away now...You can view them at Cat.com through some obscure website trickery. Here: http://www.shopcaterpillar.com/cate...scssid=NWBG3MKVWH3D8MSN1EH8WUJCK7F0B6WDMKMSK7

  5. #5CAT245ME2006-03-03 15:57

    Years ago a company called New Bright had out a line of caterpillar remote controled replicas, there was a D9L,D10N dozers, 245 excavator, 777B rock truck & a 992C loader, they were about 1:16 scale or bigger, check on ebay because there is often 1 or 2 up for auction, I have one of each except for the D10N.

  6. #6stumpjumper832007-01-14 20:25

    I tried to post pics of my ih td 25c in 1:25 and the case 450 in 1:16, because the pc is too big i can't post it.... But I digress, if anyone is looking for construction and ag toys, hit me up, There is a good spot on my way home from work, very willing to hook you guys up. Alot of good people with solid info here.:Cowboy

  7. #7DigDug2007-01-14 20:32

    What is the most popular size people collect. I thought about buying some of the Case equipment but am new to it.

  8. #8CascadeScaper2007-01-15 01:53

    1:50 scale is pretty much the most popular. I've been collecting for years, I have just about the entire Norscot Cat 1:50 series. Not counting many, many Ertl 1:50 pieces, probably 50-60 Ertl 1:64 scale Deere farming equipment models, and I do have a 1:16 scale Deere 650H dozer that is incredibly detailed. Steel tracks, the whole 9 yards. If I took a pictures of it, you'd swear it was a real piece if you didn't know any better. Squizzy, I have the same D11R. I'm sure your son will like it, I enjoy mine :thumbsup

  9. #9Countryboy2007-01-15 02:07

    He ain't lying. I got the same one. Its heavy too, probably atleast 10-12 lbs. My ol' lady works at the Deere dealership so I got it at cost but it was still expensive. Well worth it though because of all the detail. :yup Cascade, you know they came out with a Precision Loader this year? Theres also another Precision model due out before Christmas that I'm not allowed to talk about :nono .

  10. #10CascadeScaper2007-01-15 02:56

    I've been trying to locate some of the newer models, I'd like to get every one in the series. Any websites you know about? The Precision series is awesome, but expensive. I think I paid right around $150 for the 650H.

  11. #11Countryboy2007-01-15 03:17

    If you go to a Deere dealer they should have a small book with all of the scale models in them. These books are free and they put a new one out every year. They list every model sold including the Precision models. If you can't get one just get back in touch with me and I'll see if I can send you one :yup . I'm sure there is a website with them on there but there ain't nothing like something you can put in your pocket and look at anytime you want. :bouncegri On Edit: I checked the Deere site and they have a few models but not all. I'll try to get ya the book.

  12. #12JimBruce422007-01-15 20:33

    As far as websites, the best I can recommend... if I am allowed I'll have to review the rules again... would be dhsdiecast.com they sell just about everything under the sun and then some.

  13. #13JDOFMEMI2007-01-16 00:11

    Jim is on it. If you are looking for diecast models, dhsdiecast.com is the best. Great selection, best price, and always pleased with the service. :thumbsup Just dont call them toys:nono

  14. #14Countryboy2007-01-16 04:50

    I agree :thumbsup. DHSdiecast is a reputable site and a great place to buy models :yup. Please keep in mind though that buying models from a shady or less than reputable dealer will cost you $$$ and all you may end up with is a knock-off piece of plastic. Been there, done that and the fuzzy feeling is just not the same .

  15. #15DigDug2007-01-16 06:26

    Thanks for the info on diecast. I am headed over to that site to see if i can learn something. Would like to get some for office.

  16. #16alan627b2007-01-16 13:49

    Another good site for diecast is Buffalo Road Imports. http://www.toyline.com/bri Especially the EMD line, not cheap but very nice models. Another good site is http://www.scalemodel.net And if you really want to be wowed, check out the pictures from the Modelshow Europe website. I like the push-pull 637G someone is building.... http://www.modelshow-europe.com/indexe.html

  17. #17Countryboy2007-01-16 19:06

    Now thats detailed. But aren't the tires sposed to be black.

  18. #18DPete2007-02-22 13:25

    I like the fuel consumption DP

  19. #19jimmyjack2007-02-23 18:43

    i had all of them,they alos had a cement truck (i think it was a autocar). they were fun,just u had to run around chasing them cause they only gave you three feet of cord to the controler,and you couldn't use the bulldozer on the rug cause it would spit the track every time you went to turn tight with it:Banghead :Banghead but who cares when your 10 years ago it was fun

  20. #20coopers2007-02-23 22:33

    I've been trying to get my hands on a 1:16 scale 580 M case backhoe. They're not being made anymore and people sell them very high. I love die cast stuff, especially if it is VERY detailed. I've seen some okay ones. Blake WA