Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Late 80s / Early 90s Lull Highlander II Telehandler – What Do I Need to Know??

Fasttrack ยท 2024-07-29 12:07

Looking at buying a worn out old telehandler to build a barn and help me move some of my machine tools around on rough terrain. I've never owned or operated a telehandler but have experience with forklifts (warehouse and all-terrain) and backhoes / excavators. I don't mind buying the "mechanic's special", assuming I know what I'm in for (more or less, anyway). I don't have a ton of info from the listing, but there is a Lull Highlander II telehandler for sale locally. Looks to be late 80s or early 90s maybe (just judging by aesthetic appearance) and stored outside for most of its life. I expect to repack some cylinders and maybe address some rotted hoses. What should I be looking out for on these machines? Any known weak spots? Functions I should test before buying? Thanks!

Replies1
  1. #1Roadoil2024-11-01 01:23

    Just make sure all the parts are there and the valve blocks hydraulics intact nothing missing or wiring messed with. The Telehandler scrapper salvagers very expensive for parts on old Lulls valve bodies etc.