Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Latest project

d6peg ยท 2008-08-12 22:23

This is Day 1 of a tank we were building

Replies13
  1. #1tylermckee2008-08-12 22:25

    Must be nice. seems like 95% of what i do is on solid rock

  2. #2d6peg2008-08-12 22:29

    Day 2 The last one is a pic of the draw we a damming

  3. #3d6peg2008-08-12 22:31

    Tyler, This was pretty sandy. In fact more sand than I like to see for a tank.

  4. #4d6peg2008-08-12 22:35

    The finished product.

  5. #5Minkus822008-08-13 05:51

    Goodyear torque Team plus belt Sorry i had to reply to this thread because i dont have privilages to post a new thread. My question is: Deos anyone know where i can sell some Goodyear Torque team plus belts? I dont want to throw them but i have no need for them. They were about 700 bucks new. any help would be great.

  6. #6Farmer2008-08-13 06:56

    Wow, I have plans for a few just like it. Hope a newbie like me can make them look half as pretty.

  7. #7curly2008-08-13 06:58

    Looks nice, now ya just need to fill it up!

  8. #8CM19952008-08-13 07:49

    First of all welcome to the Forums Minkus82. You will have privaleges to start a thread after you have your 3 post minimum, we around here want to make sure your not some spambot or other nasty internet creature.:cool2 Anyway take a look around the site and see if there are any threads that you would like to contribute a meaningful post too. After your 3rd post, we have an equipment forsale/wanted section where you can peddle your used parts. No dealers or third party products, this is for members only, selling what they own. BTW - D6peg, nice finished product. What part of Texas? ( wouldn't be right for a Mod to totally hijack a post)

  9. #9Lashlander2008-08-13 09:09

    Looks good! I've always called them ponds though. Is this for livestock?

  10. #10Smitty2008-08-13 19:40

    Yea, it sure looks like a pond to me! But then maybe it's an oil tank, judging by the vicinity of that pump I see up the hill. You Texas folks might need to explain this to us hillbillies.

  11. #11biggixxerjim2008-08-13 20:07

    yeah im assuming it has something to do with the runoff, as it is at the bottom of where some big erosion was comming together. My question is; did you just do this free hand or was an engineer involved?? I didnt see any stakes. And what type of over flow did u set up?

  12. #12d6peg2008-08-13 21:55

    Thanks for the comments, Farmer, I bet you can get yours looking just as good just take your time. Curly, It rained last night and put a little water in it. A two or 3 inch rain would probably fill it. LL, Some people call em ponds around here in our parts also. But most of what people call ponds here are smaller and shollower than what this tank is. This is by no means large for some of ya'll, but for us with only 18 to 20" rainfall a year it is a nice size pond. It will be used for livestock and the oil lease. Smitty, The oil lease is going to use the water for some purpose, but I dont know what for. Big..., It was all done freehand, no engineer. The first pic of day 2 shows the spillway, it is on the far side. With the soil type that was available I thought it best not to disturb the soil so I built a diversion to keep the water from coming around on the backside of the dam. The dam is 4' taller than the spillway. Cm1995, Tx. Panhandle.

  13. #13d6peg2008-08-13 21:58

    BTW, I also put a core in the dam 4' deep and a blade wide. Went back in with good material and packed it as much as a could with the D6r.