to me its the best and smoothest machine to lay pipe with
not the best way to place a pipe into position by slewing , you have more control placing it with boom and dipper square on .... thats just my opinion though
lol..thats my preferred method too but you dont see the fire hydrant to my right that prevented me from doing that..after we laid 4 pipe i continued to dig the ditch but it will be no-joint instead of precast
hey mad max the divider in the bucket, is that for support because of the width? does clay get stuck in the bucket? very intresting.
Good pics, I like dash 7 PC400's. Spent a little time in a couple and I have no complaints.
:falldownlaugh:falldownlaugh:lmao man he does have some crazy buckets
Is that bucket a little snaggletooth????Looks like a couple of caps missing there? Could be just soil covering the shanks though as I cannot see it clearly. You sure do nice looking work,everything is clean and straight. I get the fever when I see nice work like that,it's tough to get old!!Ron G
That's what i'm talking about. Best machine ever :notworthy
shouldnt that pipe be picked up by a cable AND a bar???
looks fine to me, it's a pipe choker,heck it's even rigged right(spigot heavy)
I have to get with the times here, I've never seen a bucket like that before.
check out his other threads,that's why i call him mad max
cat385...yep, the divider is to keep the bucket round RonG..yep, theres a few teeth missing but you just can't seem to make my "laborer" foreman understand these things we only had a 100 or so feet of the 54" to pour today...notice the ground water in the ditch? the propeller heads took out our de-watering the week before, after we finished the sewer..they forgot about the storm drain..yeeesh!!!:Banghead
Maybe the propeller heads thought that with water in the ditch, you'd at least know that the ditch was falling the right way .
Just pour the concrete stiffer....lol
how meney hrs on the 400? and how much 54'' pipe can you lay in a 10 hr day?
How are you digging the top part of the trench that is sloped back? Looks like paddle teeth on a tilt bucket, that round bucket won't do that will it? And also what's that yellow sled looking thing that's rounded on bottom and fits perfectly into your trench?