Well the little loader strikes again, the hydraulic pump made a noise and I lost bucket and steering, got into it and the spline coupling has failed.. This is the pump the previous owner told me was new... I found that the lower motor mount bolts were not tight allowing the motor to sag and cause a misalignment between crank and pump. I am currently searching for the manufacturer of the pump, its not a Tyrone / Parker style, my best guess is Cessna / Eaton and I hope I can find a new drive shaft for it, even If I have to slap my back housing on a nos pump.. but that's not what brings me here.. Figure why not clean the suction strainer when I have the tank drained and the pump off... and I find this.. It appears to be a paper filter similar to the one for the hydro static pump.. 6.5" 5 bolt flange mount, 3.375" diameter x 8" long filter with a bypass valve in the bottom. The filter has Donaldson stamped on it but no number, but it appears the number has transferred itself to the tank cover plate (see last photo) I read it as P16-1811 while Fleetguard and Wix both id this as a real Donaldson # they do not have a cross. any ideas? I emailed Donaldson... so far nothing back. Thank you Greg
Not sure if it will help but I think my skid steer has Cessna pumps with the aux. pump on the end and Eaton/Char Lynn motors. The aux. pump has 12 point bolts. I'm not sure if that's common on other brands of basic gear pumps.
after an exhaustive search the filter is obsolete and nla so I have the local hydraulic guy scavenging the cover plates to weld to a new element. as for the pump its another unknown, maybe a Cessna, maybe an Eaton, either way the replacement is 1500 bucks, and the lead time is 4 months, so turned down, welded up and hobbed a new spline onto the shaft, the pumps not that worn internally and I work in a job shop with gear cutting machines, and we had the appropriate 16/32 spline cutter in stock sooo..