Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

leacking hydrolic

brebisson ยท 2013-08-07 03:00

Hello, I have a case 580K and found a leak in one of the 4 small mini cylinders that block the whole hoe assembly on the backhoe frame (and allow it to move/slide right left)... Can anyone give me at least high level directions on how to fix such thing? to be honnest, my first thought was to just disconnect the faulty cylinder... (leaving still 3 working ones)... is there a reason why this would be a dumb idea? Cyrille

Replies5
  1. #1Delmer2013-08-07 10:43

    If the rod isn't gouged, it will be relatively cheap to replace the seals, if you can do it yourself. The seal parts may not be much more expensive than the hose fittings you would need to seal off the lines. I wouldn't remove the cylinder, but I don't think I'm familiar with your machine either. Is this a backhoe that slides the pivot point to the left or right edge of the machine? Those are unusual in the US.

  2. #2brebisson2013-08-07 10:48

    hello, yes, this is the cas, pivot point slides right/left... I am in France I will see how easy it is to disasemble the hoe assembly... problem is that I will need a lift to lift that thing! and that the hoe is usually what I use as a lift cyrille

  3. #3Delmer2013-08-07 10:51

    Maybe I'm wrong, like I said, I'm not familiar with these types. Any chance you can get at the end of the cylinder without removing so much? They're typically easier to reseal with the cylinder in place, for amateurs at least. Of course you have to loosen the gland, and be able to pull the rod and piston out of the cylinder.

  4. #4robin yates uk2013-08-07 10:56

    bonjour Cyrille, In the UK the JCB backhoe/loader use a similar way of holding the digger part to the main machine frame.Do not be tempted to use the machine with only 3 of the 4 rams.You can bend parts easily.The JCB system uses a large nut held in place with tab washers,No need to remove anything apart from the leaking cylinder , replace the leaking seals and the job is done.

  5. #5alrman2013-08-07 23:06

    With the Case design, the backhoe must be removed from the tractor/sliding frame to service those seals. Can be done without any lifting equipment - apart from a good bottle jack.