I've got a little Messersi M22 excavator, its leaking fluid when it rotates clockwise (anticlockwise is fine). I'm not very experienced with excavator mechanics, but I'm assuming this is either a leak from the hydraulic feed line or a leak from within the swing motor. Either way I think the motor will have to come out. The access to the motor is ridiculous, its got a dozen hoses over the top of it and 2 of the lines (PG & SH) go into the back of the motor someplace I can't get to (one of which I figure could be leaking). Any tips on diagnosing this better, or getting the motor out without doing more damage in the process? Thanks Simon
Good day If it only leaks in one direction, most probable a hose or connection, PG & SH are brake lines A & B are the main feed lines. Compact machines are never easy to work with, do not try to trace the leak using your hand's use a piece of cardboard. Kind regards Uffex
Besides cardboard, I’ve found a GoPro camera works well.
I can see the connectors at the front (A&B etc) and they are fine. I''ve got a fibre camera somewhere I'll have a poke around with that and see what I can see. Thanks for the cardboard tip, I guess a high pressure jet of oils not going to do your hands a lot of good! They seem to have built these machines with no regard for maintenance, everything's just crammed in.
Good day Simon To work on those machines you need uneversial jointed limbs and no regard for knukle damage, I have seen photos of damaged body parts by fluid injection, pretty alarming. Im not sure I have come across your machine before any information to be aware of? Kind regards Uffex
Excuse my ignorance, but what are brake lines - there are more hoses going into this motor than I expected (I was figuring on 3 - turn Cw, turn CCw, and a return maybe a return for each direction), so are these brake lines under pressure or return lines of some type. Thanks
Hi Simon The brake lines SH & PG one has active pilot pressure, the other will activate a brake release valve. Please understand the term brake has nothing to do with stopping the machine from slewing, you can compare the brake to that of the hand brake in your car. Kind regards Uffex