Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leaking Gasket

nevilley ยท 2018-02-27 04:36

966C Loader has a slight oil leak around the transmission.For a better word i would say more damp than leaking.it is only half of one side that has the slight oil leak. Not enough to warrant replacing the gasket so wondering if there is a sealant that can be spread around the problem area..

Replies2
  1. #1Vetech632018-02-27 06:39

    The mount oring has gone hard and flat. I have never had good luck with trying to seal something like that with silicone spread on the surface although Ive seen it many times. I never worried about a small amount of seepage but I would go around the bellhousing and check the tightness of your bolts.

  2. #2kshansen2018-02-27 08:40

    Same here! Where I worked we had a 1996 Komatsu that had a similar leak/seep on the transmission a couple years after it was new. When I retired in 2015 it was still there, both the Komatsu and the seep! Just make sure the bolts are properly tightened and if you have a pressure washer give it a bath once in a while and find something else to worry about, like did my wife forget to buy more beer when she went to the store today!