Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leaking hydrolic fluid out of the turntable

Robby Rouillier ยท 2022-11-14 05:04

I have a JD 790 excavator and it is pouring hydrolic fluid out of the turntable.Noticed that the air compressor wasn't even hooked up.Would that have anything to do with it?

Replies5
  1. #1Vetech632022-11-14 08:02

    No. The shaft seal on your swing motor has failed, you have a leak somewhere that is hitting the turntable floor and running off, or could be a leak at the rotary manifold. You really need to trace the source. There should be a dipstick on the swing transmission. Pull it and see if it is way overfull........usually a drive motor leak will start pouring oil out of that dipstick tube.

  2. #2Diesel Dave2022-11-18 17:27

    Hey Robby, what did you find with the old girl ?

  3. #3Coaldust2022-11-18 20:19

    Holy cow. Is there a rash of leaking swing motors across the globe, or what? Everybody on the HEF has a leaky swing motor. I better tell my warehouse to order extra oil for the next barge sailing.

  4. #4mitch5042022-11-18 23:02

    That's just what I was thinking, I guess it's just like that thread the other day said, next week we'll be back to diagnosing starters

  5. #5Welder Dave2022-11-19 01:15

    Why can't there be a bunch of threads on machines using less fuel than they used to with no loss of speed or power?