Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leaking Roof

sagepf · 2025-03-03 09:58

I recently purchased a 924G and the roof has a large crack in it. What sealant/caulking would you recommend to seal it? Thank you in advance.

Replies8
  1. #156wrench2025-03-03 10:24

    It may be polycarbonate so maybe butyl rubber sealer?

  2. #2sagepf2025-03-04 15:47

    I'll l I'll look into, thanks!

  3. #3thepumpguysc2025-03-04 17:16

    You never saw the “FLEX SEAL” commercials.?? Lol

  4. #4DGODGR2025-03-04 17:35

    I would be a fair but of money that this would work. If you buy th espray cans, it's super easy to apply, and requires no clean-up. I think it is important to note that, if that loader is like my 416C, the plastic top had noting to do with whether, or not, water gets into the cab. On my 416, the plastic top is for aesthetics, and to be a mounting point for the work lights. The top of the cab is steel, and welded to the ROPS. You may want to loosen the bolts holding that top on, and take a peek underneath it.

  5. #5CM19952025-03-04 18:33

    I was going to recommend Flex Seal. Seriously. Installed a metal door and frame on a 40' conex box at our yard. Framed it out with angle iron, sealed between the conex and the angle iron then sealed up the hollow metal door frame. Could not stop a very small leak that would pool on the floor. Went to HD and bought the kit that had the spray, the tape and something else. Well I'll be damned the spray sealed up the outside with no problem since. Used the tape to seal up a split on 2" PVC sump line as well. Cheesy commercials but the products work.

  6. #6Tatersmt2025-03-04 18:44

    I have used this stuff and it works great on just about anything, EternaBond RoofSeal White 4 x50 MicroSealant UV Stable RV Roof Seal Repair Tape

  7. #7sagepf2025-03-04 20:05

    Appreciate the thought on the flex seal, my worry was how long flex seal would last. With the last storm we had there was water dripping in the cab with a puddle on the floor.

  8. #8sagepf2025-03-04 20:05

    I'll look into it, thanks!