Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Leaky Hydreco Unit on a case 580D backhoe

Leaky backhoe ยท 2013-03-19 16:25

I have a leak on the front of the unit. It looks like a recessed nut with another cap nut on the front of it. I could send you a pic if needed. Just wondering if i can remove the bigger nut without having any prublems. I figure it just needs a little pipe tape. any help or point me in the right direction would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Dave

Replies2
  1. #1sheepfoot2013-03-19 21:08

    I think your talking about your main relief valve, screw the nut off, there is a seal, then hold the adjustment screw in place and screw the second nut off, there is a seal there also. I would like to say, call your dealer and have them order the right seals. Do not turn the adjusting screw unless you can check your pressures with a test gauge, the main is set at 2400-2500 psi.

  2. #2Leaky backhoe2013-03-20 03:22

    Thank you very much. I'll order seals from a dealer.