Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

leaky turbo charger

ddone ยท 2015-04-28 07:07

My 2005 mack CX 613 480 HP turbocharger is leaking oil , I just bought it and have not put it to work hauling load...what's the danger if I haul load in that condition and where can I find it cheaper than $4,862 the dealer quoted for a remanufactured.?

Replies3
  1. #1Oxbow2015-04-28 10:38

    You might try turbochargerpros.com. They carry many Borg Warner turbos that fit OEM applications. I bought one from them for my Cat engine and the service, price, and delivery was all great. You will need to know the part number of your turbo.

  2. #2kshansen2015-04-28 15:06

    My question would be were is the oil leaking out? Could just be the gasket on the oil inlet or drain. Or hose to either one.

  3. #3D Grade2015-04-29 05:37

    ^^^ This. Try checking your feed and return lines first for a leaking gasket or cracked tube. If the truck is indeed smoking and the turbo is leaking internally, it will need seals and will need to be rebuild. I also agree with the Borg Warner turbo's, much more affordable than OEM if you decide to replace.