Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lebherr LTM 1750-9.1

renovator · 2023-12-22 20:40

I'm working on a site that has one of these 900 ton bad boys. It has a luffing jib that's well over 300' and has over 100 tons of counterweight. The rigging crew was using the crane to "scope" a lift before they actually hooked up the load. They had it reach over the building and used the computer for the specs. The radius was 347' and capacity 10,500 lbs! I was blown away. I watched some picks the day before and that thing is smooth. The operator can't see anything and has to rely completely on the riggers (who are quite impressive) and two-way radio for everything. Quite an operation. I remember when a 150 tonner was a big deal around here.

Replies8
  1. #1Welder Dave2023-12-24 00:59

    Pics., we need pics.!

  2. #2terex herder2023-12-28 07:58

    100 ton counterweight? I'm guessing they left most of it in the yard. What type of structure are they building?

  3. #3Vetech632023-12-28 08:41

    I second this!

  4. #4renovator2023-12-28 20:09

    Photos are frowned upon by the owner. It doesn't make sense as everyone in the region knows what is being built, and people have come from all over the country (and beyond) to work there, but rules are rules. Maybe in a couple of months when our part of the project is complete???

  5. #5CraneMechanic732023-12-29 07:23

    The no photographing job sites! I have yet to figure it out. What’s the first thing they do after it’s built? Put cameras up everywhere!

  6. #6crane operator2023-12-29 08:01

    They don't want to provide ammunition (pictures) to any lawsuit from any accidents or other problems (stuctural/ waste/etc.) Control the info, control the lawsuit. No pictures, no story.

  7. #7Theweldor2023-12-29 20:47

    The upper engine package and counterweight tray are also considered as counterweight on those machines. They must be using the T-Y package also. I would think. Pretty impressive piece of iron all rigged up.

  8. #8skyking12023-12-29 21:52

    I had one of those pictures "frowned on" for a luxury yacht that was coming out of a refit and getting rolled onto a barge, to get launched at a bigger facility in Anacortes. We were dredging the river and parked our workboats at their dock.