Komatsu D20P. I don't believe it's the clutch/brake. Backing up breaks it free and it's good for awhile longer. It sounds to be something external. Attached are pics of the track showing that the chain is rubbing on something but with a quick inspection I can't see what it would be. Any ideas? Thanks.
How worn is the chain? I see the adjuster is pretty far out... are you sure the sprocket isn't trying to skip a pin?? next time it binds park it there, brakes set and get off and look down the entire chain. If you don't find anything then there could be trouble inside the final...
Thanks. I'll check tomorrow. What would be causing the wear on the link rivets though....I know I need to take a better look tomorrow.
Doesn't look to bad around the sprocket , rails look good as well , have you checked the bottom rollers for floaters with broken shafts or other problems , there will be shinny areas equal to the pins shine . I drove a D31 for a while , it lost the outside flanges off some of the rollers allowing the chain to drift sideways . Still find half moon bits of flange .
Do you have rock guards on it?
Those are not Rivets but link Pins. The head wear on them indicates something very afoul on the bottom roller end of things, need to check the wear on pins and bushings measure the pitch wear and inspect all the rollers/guide guards on that machine.