does anyone know what there website is?
I don't know if they even make compressors anymore but here is what I found http://www.leroigas.com/default.asp I haven't seen a new LeRoi compressor in years the ones used the most around this area is Ingersol Rand. One blasting contractor had 2 LeROI they are old thou.
Our old leroi's was mounted back on the GMC 6x6 2,5t truck, 2.nd ww. models. They are on the museum now... If i remember correct, it was a V12 with 6 sylinders as engine and 6 sylinders pumping the air. A real beast, to say least.
LeRoi used to make a tractor that looked similar to a farm tractor with the combination engine/compressor under the hood.It could be used to pull a tool trailer etc on the jobsite.I haven't seen one for ages but have worked on jobsites where they were being used.Ron G
You must be thinking of a Tractair, Ron G. Never used one, but a mill I used to work for had one sitting around. I think it was used to run a jackhammer type rock drill back in the day.
The reason I asked was we juts picked up a 1985 185 with a cummins engine. only has 1105 hrs on the meter.
Are you sure its a Cummins ? That compressor should last you another 10 years there is a few old ones kicking around with 4/53 screamer detroits. Dad's compressor is 6v71 power it works okay just a pig on fuel.
LeRoi was absorbed by someone else, unfortunately, I do not remember who. They were always difficult to get parts for.
The one that I remember was on a job I was working on for Lane Construction at Dow AFB in Maine in 1963.It would have been big enough for a jackhammer etc but not a wagon drill I wouldn't think. LeRoi used to make a lot of big gas engines for the military,I remember some of the big V8s like in the 10 ton tractors would be made by LeRoi.I am speculating that they may have made hardware for the oilfields although I never worked in the oilfields to see their products.Ron G
Yes it's the same engine thats in my 580 case plus it says it right on the block. they had it listed as a john deere engine. The engine runs great just have to get the compressor end checked out seams to be building up to much pressure. they said it was sitting around for quite awhile probably just need some pm work done on it I hope .
well I thought i would up load some pics of what we just got .I have started to go thru it .
I have the same unit except it is powered by a John Deere Diesel. I have had good luck with parts from Air Handling Equipment Sidney, OH 937-492-5331. FWIW I have found it is important to run the leroi Compressor oil, if you don't in my experience it will drastically shorten the air-oil separator's life span drastically. Gordon