Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Let’s see your toolbox…

RLU_tech · 2017-10-05 19:01

Shop box, road box, home box, etc... Post some pics of your toolboxes!

Replies30
  1. #1Junkyard2017-10-05 21:17

    Nothin fancy. I don't work out of it much lol. My old road box on the other hand....it's seen better days!

  2. #2crane operator2017-10-05 22:43

    I still remember being 5 and having a hammer and saw and 2 sisters. I have no idea what my mother was thinking.

  3. #3crane operator2017-10-05 22:55

    I actually got this mac this spring, its been sitting in the corner of the shop and has no tools in it yet, I use the black husky every day, it and the old red craftsman I've had since high school.

  4. #492U 34062017-10-06 13:04

    No pics of mine on hand, its buried in storage at the shop since I'm in the field. Its a big Tech Series Mac top and bottom box. Painted Hitachi orange w/black trim. Looks damn sharp IMO.

  5. #5Muffler Bearing2017-10-06 18:19

    My Classic from the days of tall tool boxes, Check out that ghost wrench image on the 65th anniversary addition!

  6. #6Muffler Bearing2017-10-06 18:20

    ...and just for reference, I do the same job as my buddy in the next bay!

  7. #792U 34062017-10-06 18:46

    Digging that KISS decal. Rock on!

  8. #8thepumpguysc2017-10-06 19:03

    That's the nice thing about specializing in injection pumps.. a set of Standard & Metric wrenches, a set of sockets of various drives & your off to the races.. BUT> don't get me started on the "special tools" to do said work.. THOSE ALONE, would fill that "hutch box".. lol I'm not a fan of stickers, BUT I WOULD own that KISS sticker.. My work neighbor only has 1 sticker on his box>> MY BOSS IS AN AS*HOLE.. [minus the asterisk]

  9. #9Crummy2017-10-06 21:05

    I had one of those! I wonder if it's still around somewhere. My newest toolbox should be here tomorrow if the guy can figure out how to get it up to me. Good sized one- sitting on the back of a IH 4700.

  10. #10Ruger_5562017-10-07 00:55
  11. #11hvy 1ton2017-10-10 17:09

    Here's everything i can cram into a 36" montezuma box. I have all my pliers in a tool bag with my wiring stuff. Might find a new home for the bit socket set (black box under the socket tray) and if i find a good way to organize pilers under the sockets. Need to make a tool roll for my hook and pick set. The plastic tray isn't gonna last much longer bouncing around back here.

  12. #12Tractorguy2017-10-10 21:04

    Here’s my setup that was in the shop before I got a truck. Now it just collects dust in the shop at the house : /

  13. #13crane operator2017-10-10 22:35

    I've always liked the looks of those montezuma boxes. You can see everything at a glance, and if its all full, you can see if anything is missing. I always thought I'd like one on the flatbed, right beside the extra fuel tank. I don't remember the one I looked at having that flip up tray, with the storage under it.

  14. #14hvy 1ton2017-10-11 20:43

    I've gotten a lot better about planting tool trees since i started using this 4 years ago. Only thing that's currently missing is both my 5/8" wrenches and my 1/4" sockets have never really been complete. The extra thickness of the Impact sockets make it hard to fit all of them so i'm only carrying up to 1 1/4". That's the plan If i ever get my 77 F250 reliable enough to use every day. I will probably add a 36-48" box behind the motezuma box to give me some more storage. Highway Products makes some neat top open boxes that would match up well. Only the 36" boxes have much for extra storage. The 26" ones the bottom socket tray lifts up and you can put some punches and chisels under it, but that's about it.

  15. #15PJ The Kid2017-10-12 09:49

    Junkyard, I have nearly the identical setup. along with a craftsman bottom chest style and a cornwell service cart.

  16. #16Junkyard2017-10-12 10:44

    I remember when I bought the bottom snap on box. My fiancé at the time just about left me over it! Should have let her.....ah well.

  17. #17funwithfuel2017-10-12 20:18

    This is my old girl. Had it since my kids were toddlers. 6 truck shops, 2 heavy equipment shops and a quarry shop. She's been around. Now, all in a truck.

  18. #18oregon96pd2017-10-13 00:31

    A little bit different.....but it does have wheels and it's my only toolbox.

  19. #19PJ The Kid2017-10-13 08:16

    Mine was the same way. She figured it out pretty quick when I asked her which one would help make money. My dad bought a snap on box back in the early 90's, mom got mad that he spent so much so bought furniture the same week. She returned the couch and stuff, dad still works out of the same toolbox

  20. #20Junkyard2017-10-13 10:09

    It's hard for them to understand. It's hard to say how much stuff I've accumulated over the years. I still buy stuff, usually a good deal on some specialty tool when the opportunity presents itself. My wife now is pretty understanding. She sees what I do for a living so that helps. She doesn't go without either so all in all it works. Having a hard time convincing her that we NEED a boring/welding setup!

  21. #2192U 34062017-10-13 14:34

    I'm at the point where I don't want anymore tools. Don't even bother checking out the tool trucks anymore. The only thing I really have on my wish list is a good TIG welder.

  22. #22RLU_tech2017-10-13 19:42

    Picked up this immaculate Snap-On KRL 1022 tonight. Bought it from the original owner who is an airplane mechanic. Super clean. I’m very excited to upgrade from my 10 year old Marco 4s box.

  23. #23Junkyard2017-10-13 19:53

    I've got a dry rig, but nothing AC or high frequency. I use it to patch up hard lines, occasional fuel tanks and whatnot. I used to be really slick with it but lack of practice and hands that don't always cooperate makes TIG slightly challenging. Biggest thing is remembering to keep the left hand feeding the filler metal. One of those the left and the right hand don't know what each other is doing!

  24. #24thepumpguysc2017-10-14 06:21

    RLU.. what kind of surgery are you performing in that room?? Lol Is that "smurf pipe" air line, on the wall? Nice lookin box..

  25. #25RLU_tech2017-10-14 07:56

    Ha, it’s actually a small wash bay at the airport hanger where the guy works. Probably won’t find a cleaner shop atmosphere than an airplane hanger. Thank you.

  26. #26Truck Shop2017-10-14 19:51

    My pile of scrap iron, The top box I bought in 75 new for 88.00 from Mac. At my age I don't buy much anymore. Truck Shop

  27. #27RLU_tech2017-10-14 22:05

    That's really cool. Would love to see pics of the inside.

  28. #28Greatwestcam2017-10-14 22:08

    Had this 41" box for a long time then my son was needing a box so he got it and I bought a new SO 1022.

  29. #29RLU_tech2017-10-14 22:11

    The 1022 is a nice box. I'm picking mine up on Monday. It's second hand, but in immaculate condition. It has the wood butcher block top, but I'm going to get the stainless top like yours.

  30. #30Junkyard2017-10-16 11:16

    I've got the butcher block top on mine. Love it. You won't have to chase something across it if your trying to hold it or beat on it. Cleans up good too. Kinda like a trailer deck. Stuff doesn't slide as easy on wood as it does steel on steel.