Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

LeTourneau 2350

Vantage_TeS ยท 2009-10-02 21:46

I'm looking for a LeTourneau 2350 loader to be filmed for a TV show. If anyone knows where one is hiding please PM me.

Replies19
  1. #1alco2009-10-02 22:54

    I believe the only one in North America is in the Powder River Basin at one of the coal mines, but I'll be damned if I can remember which mine it is. It is the first unit that was built. Brian

  2. #2Vantage_TeS2009-10-02 23:16

    I have a picture of one being moved. The date on the picture was April 24, 2007 and they said it was being sent to a coal mine near Hinton. On the same page there was a truck from Cheviot mine, which may have been where the loader was heading. Anyone know if this mine is still running?

  3. #3LoaderMonkey2009-10-03 10:22

    I think it's at Black Thunder owned by Arch Coal.

  4. #4NL1CAT2009-10-03 14:13

    I have been told that Teck near Sparwood B.C. (elkvalleycoal) has a 1850 and a 2350 ?

  5. #5Ross2009-10-03 16:05

    No L2350 (That I've seen) ... Plenty of L1850's ... Plenty of other lower Weight models.

  6. #6alco2009-10-03 22:47

    The picture you saw was of an L1850 I believe, not an L2350. Brian

  7. #7NL1CAT2009-10-04 13:09

    Well Teck has got a mine near Hinton also , maybe there?

  8. #8alco2009-10-04 23:24

    Teck does not have an L2350. Not at any of their Canadian coal mines at any rate. I'm not sure what stakes they currently hold in other mining operations around the globe as they have been making some changes recently.

  9. #9Ross2009-10-05 10:39

    Aye ... They Have bought some 994F's in the last year or so .. (One into FR. One Cancelled at CM along with the 340's) The Hinton operations have a Newish 994F as well?

  10. #10tonka2009-10-05 11:30

    Contact LeTourneau, they would know best where there stuff is.

  11. #11Vantage_TeS2009-10-06 00:30

    You would think. Personally if a tv show was going to basically give me free advertising I'd be all over it. Apparently they don't care as they haven't been at all helpful.

  12. #12Deeretime2009-10-06 01:28

    ok so i was looking for a 2350 on google and it brought me to this fourm where they had pics of this new mine in austrailia that they were just setting up. They have picks of one fully assembled with chains and 2350 in plain view,we found our loader but we might need some help finding this mine cause they had only mentioned 2 nanes and im not sure wich one is wich. The names were FMG and Sino ill post the link and maybe u guys can drool over all the new iron to! and hopefuly contact these people http://forums.dhsdiecast.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=993473

  13. #13alco2009-10-06 12:23

    That L2350 is at the Sino Iron Mine belonging to CITIC Pacific Mining. It is a Magnetite mine that runs a mostly Terex Mining equipment fleet including, but not limited to RH 400 shovels, MT 6300 and MT 4400 haul trucks. There is a pretty large fleet, check out their website..... http://www.citicpacificmining.com/

  14. #14Diesel_Mechanic2009-10-14 17:41

    Alco you are correct that there is one in the Powder River Basin and it is in Wyoming at the Caballo coal mine. It used to be at Black Thunder after they merged with the old Triton mine, and it is in fact the very first L2350 that LeTourneau ever made.

  15. #15coalrulz2009-10-25 12:13

    location of 2350 Vantage there is a 2350, about 3 months old, at Trapper Mine in Craig, CO

  16. #16JimInOz2009-10-27 07:28

    There is a thread with nice pictures of a 2350 in Australia. Check out the Wheel Loaders forum on CLASSIC MACHINERY NETWORK.

  17. #17steve831012009-12-30 18:04

    1400's We have 3 1400's I'm sure Chevron Mining would like the exposure also.

  18. #18mayrklaus2010-01-02 06:55

    hello there is one working in china since november and a scound is coming this year. best regards klaus

  19. #19Deeretime2010-01-05 01:10

    I cant find any iron but i know what you can do to help I was waching a show on discovery channel today and its called mean machines, i know its kind of cheezy and all but atleast you got a t-v show to back you. the show i wached put a tigercat forwarder against a po0nsie forwarder, this might be a bigger scale than what they do but im sure they would love the idea