Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Levee Building Advice

Bote · 2022-02-23 11:40

I’m building some 3’ levees. I build them with a 8’ base. I shape/compact them with my front bucket but they look like they were built by braille. I'd appreciate any wisdom that can be shared. I once saw a sheepshead made from old truck wheels welded together. It had several pipes welded to each wheel with a round disk welded to each pipe. There were random objects welded all over it for weight. It was on a trailer with an old Ford tractor so I assume he pulled it with that.

Replies1
  1. #1skyking12022-02-23 11:59

    if you can, go wider and compact them with the front wheels and a full bucket of dirt. That gives some great results. You just need a little wider so you can move across the whole fill top. I think you can get a tire on all of a 12' wide path, correct me if I have that dimension wrong. Just shooting from memory.