Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Level 3 Regen Fail code on 257D

KirkO ยท 2021-04-21 13:22

I was getting a lower level warning (E1239 - DPF #1 Conditions not met for Active Regeneration Service), but by the time I found the short in the sensor connection, I had received enough warnings that it went to level 3 (code red). Even though I have fixed the original problem, do I require a CAT tech to run a manual regen and reset the error code, or is there an alternative? I don't seem to be able to get the machine to run a DPF regen on it's own.

Replies5
  1. #1Nige2021-04-21 13:25

    Yes you do. See below. E1239 (3) DPF #1 Conditions Not Met for Active Regeneration Immediate safe shutdown required. Service Tool Regeneration Required.

  2. #2KirkO2021-04-21 14:53

    Aaaah! They own their owners! Thanks for your response.

  3. #3Nige2021-04-21 15:46

    Sorry about that. I guess it just goes to show that being proactive about regens (or failed regens in this case) can actually save you money in not having to make a service call.

  4. #4KirkO2021-04-21 16:21

    Very true. As would be purchasing from a different manufacturer.

  5. #5heymccall2021-04-21 16:41

    Good luck with that. They're all that way.