Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Liebherr 912 Hydraulic leak

Timeout ยท 2024-04-27 14:15

I was using my excavator this morning to move some dirt that I had piled up. In the process I lost some hydraulic function. I shut down the machine and found oil dripping from underneath. I removed a cover to discover a web of hoses. The suspect hose goes up to the right side joystick. How do I access this area under the joystick?

Replies3
  1. #1aongheas.macask2024-04-27 15:11

    Ok I'll try to help you but first you need to be a bit more specific. What function did you lose. What cover did you remove The right hand joystick is for boom and bucket. Is this machine a R912 or An R 912 !iitronic

  2. #2Timeout2024-04-27 16:00

    It is an older 912 on tracks. I removed the cover to make the hoses accessible from underneath the machine. It is the boom up control that causes leak. I need to gain access to the joystick end of hose.

  3. #3Timeout2024-04-29 14:30

    I got the cover apart. Now to figure out which hose it is.