Does anyone know what a Liebherr 952 counterweight weighs ? I need to move one about 1800 miles and I’d like to try to get some basic weights down Pat before I go on the adventure. Machine weighs about 102 to 103,000 pounds and I need to get the weight down to haul on my seven axle rig. Would like to remove the counter weight and remove the stick and bucket. Any help is appreciated. thanks 704-507-2453.
don't have actual numbers, but given that rig has 46k breakout force (wow!!), 1/3 of that is about 15,400lb. That would be my low number on the counterweight. up to 1/4 of the rig weight - so around 25,750 lb. Steel weighs something like 500lb per cubic foot (man am I digging back into the says of working at a steel shop from YEARS ago). Old guy I used to scrap with said the range of counterweight was like this: 1/3 of breakout force minimum to 1/3 machine weight max. you cribbed for 1/3 of machine weight, you were lucky if you got paid for 1/3 of breakout force.