Does anyone here use one of these or know anything about them. http://www.liebherr.us/AT/en-GB/products_us-at.wfw/id-10969-0/measure-nonMetric
Never saw that before, but it looks good and Liebherr makes good stuff! It looks like the o/r's swing out and then also extend too. I like that. Gives a bigger foot print.
Those outriggers look like a pain. I've hired a lot of cranes over the years installing precast and on many occasions the job has only been done because of telescoping outriggers. Slewing outriggers would be a major problem. Im presuming there are major cost benefits by using a standard truck instead of the more traditional purpose built truck? Seems like a lot of crane for only 50t.
The company I used to work for has 1. Really nice unit, and it is nice to move around. I haven't run it, but I have helped set it up. I think it actually has a fairly narrow outrigger stance, about 20' if I remember right. The only thing might be getting permits during the spring time if you don't take off some counterweight.
Oh, the only other thing that might be a pain, is that the outrigger feet stay on the legs, but have to be pulled out from travel position to operating position, and each leg has to have 2 pins moved everytime you set up or tear out. Also, one might want to custom build a place to put outrigger pads, as there isn't a good place to put them on the machine as it comes, unless one wants to lift them up into the storage box at the back. That sucks if you have rigging in that box, as well as pads. I would be tempted to pull a little tag trailer behind it for some jobs, if you needed to haul counterweights, or specialized rigging, but you wouldn't have to if you can permit for full weight.
It is a very handy machine. The chassis is indeed a commercial mount that will allow easy servicing by shops unfamiliar with Liebherrs. The upper is all Liebherr including the second engine. One of the biggest drawbacks is the higher center of gravity when travelling around. Also you have to watch your axle weights and road restrictions with all your counterweight slabs.