Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Liebherr largest hydrostatic dozer

seatwarmer ยท 2016-10-14 12:51

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCgfNwy7DfM did anyone see this in real life ?

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies3
  1. #1Dickjr.2016-10-16 12:50

    I have not seen this , it makes me wonder if this is some sort of joint venture between Cat and Liehbherr. I have been around Liehbherr loaders , they look to be on par with the Cat loaders. A guy on here that pushes chips up said they had a Deere 1050 which is a Liehbherr built machine , he said it was terrible. The thing about hydrostats , its been around in the heavy equipment world for a good while now , since the 70s I think.

  2. #2Taylortractornu2016-10-16 16:22

    They made the first series of 950 and 1050 Deere and the 655 and 755 loaders. I think Deere refined them a bit. I have mixed feelings about hydrostatic machines. I saw the 776 on YouTube and made my post. It looks good I've run a few smaller Leibherr dozes and liked them

  3. #3JDOFMEMI2016-10-16 21:03

    I took a look at the one at Mine Expo, and it looks pretty much like a very close copy of a D-10T, but for the engine and hydrostatic drive. I think it will be very tough for them to break into the market, with the experiance and support Cat offers. For me, I have a used D-10T, and I would rather have it than a new Leibherr, even if the new one was the price I paid used. I know that no matter what fails on the Cat, I can get parts and service promptly to get up and running again. I do wish them well though, as competition improves all of the players.