Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Liebherr Motor

Anonymous Farmer ยท 2020-11-25 08:04

Got a Liebherr PR712 Dozer in the shop. looking for a used motor. This is just a farm machine used occasionally. Cost to rebuild far exceeds the value of the machine. Anyone know where to find one in the US? Its a D924T-E Thanks

Replies9
  1. #1crane operator2020-11-25 18:14

    I searched ebay for liebherr d924te, it came up with one core engine at $6,000, and various reman kits at around $1,500. There aren't very many liebherr's here in the states, so it may be tough to find something. I would also search in machinery trader under "dismantled machines". Specifically under liebherr and united states results. Most of the liebherr stuff I see is in the scrap metal sorting machines/ excavators, and you may find one of those with the same engine. Some John Deere dozers are rebadged liebherr, and I don't know if your dozer has a comparable john deere model. If so, the parts will be cheaper from deere. Good luck!

  2. #2Shimmy12020-11-25 22:39

    Sounds like I see a repower in your future. How big of an engine is it?

  3. #3Tenwheeler2020-11-26 00:53

    About 20 years ago I worked on a Liebherr track hoe. Deutz needed a jug and piston. Patch job parts: rod and main bearing set, one jug, piston, 6 ring sets and gaskets were over $4,000. Bought a new C series Cummins irrigation engine, shut down system, starter, alt and all for $8,000. Cost $400 to have a drive adapter made. I would be looking for a repower option as well. Used combine engine or some thing.

  4. #4mitch5042020-11-26 01:01

    It's a 6.7 liter 4 cylinder. Looks about the size of a 3304

  5. #5Shimmy12020-11-26 10:08

    How many hamsters?

  6. #6Anonymous Farmer2020-11-27 08:33

    Thanks for all the reply's. I think repower is going to be the way to go. Just looking on here as a last resort to try and find a used motor. the ebay kits looked like a scam to me. I also wouldn't trust the block to rebuild as the cylinder liner got loose and moved around like a bouncy ball in the block. I do have a IH466 sitting around I could repower with but was leaning more to a 5.9 or 8.3 cummins just need to see about getting the pump drive attached.

  7. #7Shimmy12020-11-27 10:31

    FWIW, a 466 and an 8.3 are virtually identical dimensionally. But, only needing 100-120 hp, a 6BT is going to be a winner in my opinion. Probably will make you wonder why they pi$$ed around building their own engines lol.

  8. #8crane operator2020-11-27 19:07

    I was going to repower my liebherr crane, but it had pump drives attached all over the block and I just couldn't see making something else work.

  9. #9Tenwheeler2020-11-27 21:11

    On my job I ordered it with the matching SAE flywheel housing. Then had a specialty machine shop make an adapter to go between the flywheel and pump drive. It went right together.