Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lift and Tilt not working on 863F Bobcat

173abnvn ยท 2023-08-14 11:24

New member here. I've got an 863F Bobcat. The lift and tilt stopped working, it will move forward and backward,The BICS board by the right side of the seat shows 3 of the 4 lights lit up. The one not lit is the Valve. The snake eye on the left joystick that shows the lift and tilt function blinks on and off. If working right should be steady on. I've replaced the two solenoids but still nothing.One guy that looked at it thinks it's an electrical issue. Hoping someone here can point me in the right direction to troubleshoot this problem russ

Replies2
  1. #1crewchief8882023-08-15 18:10

    replaced 2 solenoids? did you replace the aux solenoids by mistake? BICS coil is in the center of the control valve in the middle of the tubelines. is this machine hand control (AHC) or hand/foot (ACS) control? the 2 idiot lights on the LH handle are diagnostic lights is the valve light blinking on the BICS module? (behind your right elbow) flash code info should be in the operators manual

  2. #2173abnvn2023-08-15 18:44

    the two solenoids control the lift and tilt,I'm going to have a looksee on the BICS coil when I get it home from my SILs place and get it in my shop.It's hand control only,the BICS panel valve light is not lit.The snake light on the Left hand control blinks on and off.In the past I've had the same problem and have replaced the two solenoids and that has "cured" the problem however this time it persists .When I get it back to my place I plan to check the wire,I've checked the fuses and they all look good.Thanks for the response crewchief888...russ