I have a 1989 Case 480E LL 4-390 non turbo unit. I have been looking for the lift pump J904374 but have only seen the superseded number 84142216 which has the ports in a different configuration. Does anyone know where I can find a direct replacement pump with the port configuration the same. The new unit will bolt on the same but the two ports on top are different than the existing one. Thanks, Bob
Is this the the pump you are replacing ? It appears to be different from the 84142216 . -----> http://www.tractorpartsasap.com/Fuel-Lift-Transfer-Pump-p/112579.htm
Current Lift Pump 4-390 Non-Turbo No, the pump originally looks like the picture with the yellow color J904374, the replacement pump is a 84142216 as also pictured ( http://www.ebay.com/itm/84142216-Ca...5E-1840-1845C-1896-2096-J904374-/230675583435 ) View attachment Lift Pumps.pdf Bob
Better Attachment View attachment Lift Pumps.pdf
If the lift arm is the same position, shape and length on both pumps why can't you modify the tubing to get it to work ??
Hmmm.. That is odd.. ports on wrong side AND at wrong angle.. Not a good combo w/ steel lines.. Sorry, no help.. just an observation..
Exactly why I wanted a pump with similar ports and connections. I am sure it will fit the 4-390 but I did not want to deal with the modifying the steel line nor did I wish to cut the line and replace with rubber. Thanks for the input, have a great day, Bob
I don't know if this will help or not but its worth a try.. Call your local fuel inj. shop.. they have a book put out by Delphi, a fuel inj. pump manuf.. that also sells lift pumps for everything. They have a book w/ pictures along w/ port positions and dimensions.. You already have a pic of the one you need, so just forward that to the parts guy and express your concerns as far as port positioning and let him compare it to the pic in the Delphi book. Good luck.
Thank you, but where live in (BFE) there isn't anything close. I can try Tucson which is about an hour away.
In that case, the internet is your best friend.. I just searched diesel fuel injection shop near tucson az and got several hits w/ phone #'s.. Call them, email them and proceed as described.
We're on the same track.. Thanks, Bob
This is the replacement pump that the Case CNH online parts book is showing. The image is in their parts book.
Tinker, That is similar to the one I purchased, View attachment 84142216.bmp , my issue was the line connections which are not the same, meaning the steel lines will need to be bent or manipulated to attach. Bob
For some stupid reason, I'm thinking it might vary w/ application.?? For some reason I'm thinking the marine 3.9L came out at a 45*.. You got your straight up connection, the 90* and I'm thinkin a marine applic. is 45*.??? Heck, it might just be the pain killers.?? You have 2 choices.. bend the lines or call the fuel shop..
Thanks for all the input, I am waiting for the pump to arrive and will see what I need to do to make it work. I will try and avoid adding rubber hose, it always deteriorates over time and it might screw up the injector pump. Thanks Again, Bob
Have you looked at the pump that is on the engine for a part number stamped on it ? There are composite fuel lines available that are rated for diesel fuel and pressures as high as 50 psi. I have used it for the same application you are dealing with and have had no problems.
Again, Until Monday, when it is supposed to be delivered, I won't know anything about the current to the new connections. When you refer to composite, are you talking about something similar to plastic with the snap together type ends. Let me know where I can look at one on line. Thanks, Bob
Genuine Goodyear branded fuel emission hose. It is rated for just about any fuel including biodiesel and regular diesel, it is extremely durable and available at most auto parts stores.
I use something similar on my boat, it is designed specifically for marine use, thicker walls and UV resistance. Bob
Okay, Because I am soooo anal, and was worried about the pump not looking the same in appearance with the connections, I was very wrong. The pump connected with the original fittings perfectly. I appreciate all the input from everyone. Have a great day.... Bob
Happy ending , perfect !!
I cant blame you one bit.. buying something online is scary in itself, let alone seeing a picture of an incorrect looking part.. with the correct part #.. ALOT of sites put a disclaimer NEXT TO the picture.. "not an actual representation" your part may differ.. In MY MIND, if your taking the time to build a website.. WHY NOT take the time to photograph what your selling.??? Glad it worked out..
Again, Thank all of you for some great input. Bob:usa
Disclaimers help when the inventory changes. Machines have a better view in person, I'd check out Texas Machines . Zach has been helpful in finding Excavators. Heck, these machines even come with a warranty.
Have you tried cummins? All the case part numbers that start with J are actually cummins numbers. To cross them just change the J to a 3. For example the case part number J904374 is cummins part number 3904374. Good luck.