Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lifting a Clark Lift

SilentRon · 2016-06-12 15:42

OK, people. Being a newbie to forklifts, I really need to know what jack will fit under my Clark model C 500 30, and what lift capacity it needs. Thank you. Respectfully, SilentRon

Replies7
  1. #1Wes J2016-06-12 21:04

    A decent 2 ton automotive rolling jack will lift one side. They make actual forklift jacks as well.

  2. #2SilentRon2016-06-14 15:29

    No way! My mechanic had a 2 ton floor jack AND a 3 ton floor jack under my Clark, and TOGETHER both jacks did NOTHING. I have no idea what my Clark C 500 30 weighs. I only know its lift capacity is 2750 lbs. Any other suggestions? Thanks again. Respectfully, SilentRon

  3. #3Delmer2016-06-14 16:15

    Google says the weight is 4,200#, which seems a tad low for a 3,000 # lift. Even if it's 6k a floor jack should lift it. If you're trying to lift the back end where the weight is concentrated, then put a full load on the forks and try your jacks again. All I can think of is that your jacks are imports and/or the lift capacity isn't as great all the way retracted as it is at a normal vehicle height.

  4. #4Wes J2016-06-14 18:52

    I own one of these. I've lifted it with generic Craftsman aluminum 2 ton jack. Put it under the side rail and jack up one side. Block it and then jack up the other side. Your jacks are broken or something is wrong.

  5. #5SilentRon2016-06-15 23:33

    Of course my jacks are imports; isn't everything an import these days? Thanks for the responses. Useful info and helpful too! Thanks again, SilentRon

  6. #6Scarlett Grace2016-11-14 23:36

    Use a jack designed for forklifts, they make forklift jacks just for this purpose. Your truck has 3,000 pound capacity and from memory i think curb weight is around 6,000 pounds. Watch how you block up the forklift. I’ve personally been to funerals of guys who used the jack as a forklift and didn’t properly block the wheels. Check out this - How to block up a forklift from Intella Liftparts

  7. #7TD242016-11-20 21:51

    Try here.. http://store.grayusa.com/index.php/fork-lift-jacks/model-flj-400c.html Expensive but rugged, dependable and long lasting. I bought one in 1979, sold it with the business in 1992. Resealed the pump plunger twice, lift ram same as delivered. 2/14 inch lowered hgt, as I remember 18 inch lift hgt.