Since I'm not on an other related forums I will ask here. My wife has been wanting to lift our Dodge truck for a while, I have never lifted a truck or ever done any high performance type mods or otherwise, I like my truck stock and reliable, thats just what I like. Regardless, it will make her happy and Im sure it will be fun. Can anyone with experience recommend tire/wheel size, and any products related to lifting and suspending a 1st Gen. Dodge truck?
Is a first gen leaf spring front? If so I would absolutely do a set of springs instead of blocks up front. Hell a fresh set of springs that aren't flattened out might seem like a lift lol. I think 33's are a nice size, some trucks aren't bad with 35's. Much bigger and they'll rub, won't get around in town quite as good etc. I'm sure there's a nice kit for it with all the springs, blocks, U-bolts and shocks matched up. I'd say 4" or so with 33 maybe 35's is a nice look but not harder to get into or get under the drive in or car wash. Keep an eye on pinion angles, 4" shouldn't change it too awful much. At least the trucks I've done it on were ok. Junkyard
No springs in the front, its 2WD, its a nice truck its been all over America towing, very reliable. So 4" lift kit with 33's now were talkin' ...
I'm not really sure if there is anything out there to lift a first gen 2wd front end. Pro Comp 13511 56" chevy springs and a shackle flip would do the rear nicely, but beyond that i have no clue.
I "lifted" my 2nd gen Ram. I use the term loosely because after putting a leveling kit up front, the darn front end sat 1/2" higher than the rear. Had to go order a BDS 2" add a leaf kit for the rear. With 33" tires on the stock rims, nothing rubbed and parked off on its own it actually still looked stock. Park it next to a stock ram and the roofline was about 4" taller. The rear is going to suck. I spent a full day on the rear because everything was siezed up and had to be cut. Even had to drop the gas tank in order to cut the front left spring eye bolt.
Lift a two wheel drive truck? Use her want for an excuse to trade it for a 4 wheel drive. You just can not get stuck tight enough with only 2 wheel drive.
Yeah it doesn't really make sense does it?