Wondering if there is points on my 2013 Deere 319D CTL to be able to lift it with my track hoe into a hole? I know there is the 4 attachment points for tying down, but not sure if they are rated to lift machine, and if it's possible to do in a way without a spreader bar without damaging anything? My other option is renting a smaller CTL/mini hoe to lift in, but regardless only access is by lifting a machine in.
Most machines have a pick chart in there book not sure about getting it done without a spreader bar tho Hopefully crane op chimes in
When all else fails, a sling around each wheel shouldn't hurt it...
As above, wide nylon slings around each wheel..? While a spreader bar may be nice to have the machine has a ROPS (or at least I assume it has) so there ought to be little danger of damaging anything up top with the slings.
It’s a track machine. Probably have to go to the cross tube up behind the cab on both sides and then the front track frame mounts.
I was going to say, i'm not sure what happened to all the wheels on it but they are gone I figure the tie down points at the rear of the machine would work, the concern was the front. I don't recall there being any attachment points on the track frame. The front tie down points I would worry would have a point of squishing the loader arms as I lifted it. I looked up my mini hoe and it has points to lift, but at 6.5 tons it's just too heavy for my 210 to lift into the basement.
Yes it has ROPS, my concern was at the front where the attachment points are in connection with the arms and the amount of force trying to push the arms together when lifting.
My bad. I should have noticed it was in the CTL/MTL section ............ Cat CTL/MTL machines are designed to be lifted from the top of the ROPS using either a single lifting point, or a 4-leg connected to each corner of the ROPS. See below, it might give you some ideas.
That helps for sure, i'm quite surprised the cab is designed for that. I took a better look, absolutely nothing to hook onto on the cab unfortunately. Looking closer though I think the front hie down points would work, and just put the sling inside the arms. I'd imagine the factory tie down points would easily be strong enough to lift the machine? Can't seem to find anything online regarding it. Was going to call dealer tomorrow to hopefully get some kind of answer. I know someone who use to lift their 332 like that, had some cables at the front, never paid close enough attention to where they were connected though.
Not so surprising when you consider that a ROPS cab is designed to support the entire weight of the machine including any possible impact if it rolls over. That being the case the structure is rated for the "machine weight plus" in order to function correctly and be safe, so why wouldn't it be OK to use it as a an attachment point to simply lift the weight of the machine..?
Well figured i'd give it a go, even though I couldn't get an answer from the dealer. Went well, the 4 tie down points worked good. Definitely have to be super careful for wires/lines to not get damaged. Nothing got broken so i'm happy.
Good to hear it went safely. You know often all it takes is to sit down and have a think about what you plan to do, discuss it with others, and then after looking at all the options to come up with a plan. Oh, wait a minute, isn't that what you just did..?
I hear you there, just in this particular case I was worried having $35k dangling up in the air and potentially getting ruined, so was looking for some assurance I was doing something very foolish. I don't think it would be easy to explain to the insurance company how it ended up on it's side in a basement
It's always a sphincter-tightening moment when something valuable is swinging around 15ft up in the air ........
Yes. Adding to the fact that the hoe started to tip a bit....... Well more like I could hear the snow crushing as I was swinging and the front, and I almost had a heart attack.