Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Light Tower Low Voltage at the Outlet

Parts ยท 2022-01-23 15:29

EDIT: please delete moving this to generator forum We have this Ingersoll Rand Lightsource light tower that we use solely as a generator. Issue is at the 110V outlet. Things don't run so well plugged into the outlet. For example a grinder spins really slow or a heat gun doesn't get that hot or spin the fan as fast as if it was plugged into the wall. This light tower has no lights on it only running it for the 110V and 220V outlets. My thought is that I could put a volt meter in the 110V outlet and increase the RPM on the engine until I see 110V. The reason I haven't done that is because I had heard the outlets may have a capacitor attached to them that could go bad? I knew the lights had capacitors and I believe those are still on the machine but I didn't know the outlets use a capacitor as well. Is this correct and should I start by checking the capacitor (and where is it located)?

Replies0

No replies yet.