Has anyone upgraded the lighting on there machine. Possibly to LED. If not thoughts????? Thanks
Our new D8T landfill dozer came with all LED lighting on it. the old D8R doesnt hold a candle to how it lights up the area around the machine
Heya Farmtruck, I will say that the econo priced LED's even the 2x3 and 2x6 rectangular led lamps really do a great job at lighting up stuff that's up close. Nice bright diffused light, they don't have a pattern like a true 'tractor' lamp but they work pretty good in the dark. The aluminum housing on the 7" light has taken a few heavy branches and no failures yet.
I put LED's on my 60 and 135, much brighter, I really like the aluminum housings. I think the stock plastic housed lights come with stick bulls eye's on them from the factory
Look up LED worklights on amazon. I put some 5 inch wide ones on my 580. Hope the lesser current draw helps. I want to say they were like 50 bucks for a set of 4. They are awsome.
HI, finally upgraded stock lites on bobcat mini plus one. Not sure of exact lumenes, but the replacement on stick is larger, guessing 1700 to 2 000 Lumens and a smaller one on top of cab (600 Lumen) Nice White light for working Pretty sure the lite on stick over powers cab lite making kindof making it useless. It is good up grade, but still want more lite. Looking at adding lite 30" lite bar. Choose for size not for Lumens; as that would mount easily across top of cab on existing mounts. But 30" would have 31 000 ! Would that be too bright for guys/labours working infront of machine? Anybody else upgrade bobcat mini lites yet. I fished wires up ROPS for cab lites on front, but have not found path for rear facing (on list to do) thxs
Added a 28" led light bar I bought off amazon for $43. Lights up the night and fits perfectly. Really solid. I hope it doesn't get water in it like ones I've heard about. I left the old light installed in case this happens.
The LED lights are great and one light handles a multiple of voltages, so no matter what your running the LED lights will work on it..
I put 18 HID bulbs and ballasts into the 9 light fixtures on the Barko. This replaced the original 18 30 watt halogen bulbs that were melting the Lexan covers. No more heat, lots more light. All for under $200 from China. I AM a bug God at night! LED's or HID's go on all my stuff.
Nice!!!! Treemuncher, I am of a similar opinion... you can never have too much light Put couple of 50watt leds and a 24" led bar light on our hitachi 120 made a night and day difference from the stock lights.
Yes from cab more light is always better, but at some point laborers will be blinded looking back at operator?? Crazyjncsu, do u happen to remember how many lumens your 28" light bar is? Do u have guys working in front of machine at night?
Not sure lumens, and I wouldn't trust much of what the manufacturers publish. Here is the bar: https://www.amazon.com/Senlips-Driving-Waterproof-Off-road-Vehicle/dp/B00RE1ZCOW No, I don't have people working in front of me.
Thxs Crazyjncsu, I am in Canada... Amazon.ca $357 for similar lite bar by same manufacture
Put 4 of the 4" X 6" rectangle lights on the boom and cab of our 304C CR. Now we can work way past dark.
Pondo, check out lightbar supply for some cheap lights up here. https://lightbarsupply.com/collections/ships-to-canada
Put a pair on my ec18 volvo and the differance is astonishing.cheap of amazon too Nick...
thinking of putting a 20" light bar on the roof of the cab of my new to me kx161-3. anyone make any custom brackets for light bars so you can avoid drilling into the cab?
Couldn't you just use the existing brackets for the cab lights and use a piece of angle iron between them and mount you light bar to the angle iron?
I found some LED lamp's on Amazon. I put them in the dome light on my cabin cruiser. I bought them to save battery power, so I didn't have to run my generator. They worked great initially, while at anchor running on house batteries. Then one day I was running the battery charger with the dome light on, the difference between 12.7 Volts and 14V charging voltage SMOKED all the lamps. Voltage regulators vary from machine to machine. The life expectancy of LED's isn't tens of thousands of hours, it's directly related to voltage. The cost of LED's can't be justified if you are buying them yourself. The company added a very powerful aftermarket xenon searchlight on my Bell 407 about 15 years ago, claiming it was a safety issue. It worked great and vastly increased safety. The ability to see where you are going and seeing the wires you are about to hit. About ten years ago we got night vision goggles, (NVG). Then about three years ago we removed the strong xenon lights and replaced them with much lower wattage LED's with less lumens. The justification was with the new (NVG) we didn't need illumination any more. I love the NVG's, they allow you to see the clouds that you can't normally see..... but that's like saying; "now that we have airbags we don't need seat belts anymore". We took two steps forward and one step back.
I’ve been thinking about doing the same thing to my excavator’s Keep us posted how they hold up
Guys I ended up using a company called tigerlights. They pretty much have every Machine covered for Led lighting. Great customer support. Ask for Jake. Extremely knowledgeable.
Bad news.... The LED dome light works good while gunkholing at anchor and when running only on battery power, BUT they burn out very quickly when running the engine or anytime the battery voltage is above 12.7 V DC
A favorite light that I've been putting on a lot of customers equipment lately are Hella S3000's. Good cost vs light output and durability. I put 6 on my service rig and now anytime someone sees them and needs lights on something that's what they want me to get them.
Time I had issues with my lights in the studio I work for I had to call the professional thing to arrange everything back to normal. It seems very easy to call out companies that I'm not aware of their actual background.What I didn't do is check their history with a few other studios here in London. It's not that easy to get good staging services in London , if you want to have a professional result. I just saw the movie two months ago that required some special techniques when it comes to lighting and I would never be able to do it myself without expert knowledge.
You need to look for an LED that is rated for input voltage 9-16v DC for a nominal 12v system (for a nominal 24v system the range would be 18-32v). Nordic Lighting do some extremely good ones. They are generally more expensive but, as always, you get what you pay for.