Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Likely price range of a 20000 m³/h, 500 m head, water pump?

Brad5612 · 2024-09-09 08:21

What is the likely price range of a 20000 m³/h, 500 m head, water pump? (as the one shown in https://www.lenntech.com/Data-sheets/Sulzer-brochure-HPDM-en-L.pdf )

Replies8
  1. #1Water Doc2024-09-09 17:19

    Not sure, but I'm guessing you have the best prices in town?

  2. #2Cliffy2024-09-09 18:40

    That roughly 28000psi? Would make a bloody good pump to water the grass with

  3. #3Brad56122024-09-09 18:57

    No I'm a student trying to calculate a study case.

  4. #4terex herder2024-09-09 20:53

    Put in USA units such as gpm and psi and you will get better answers. If your link is good, find the weight and multiply by $12.00/lb. Run the numbers and tell us power requirements, too. Those are boiler feed water type requirements. If so, triple the multiplier for every 400F above ambient. If nuclear, start with a multiplier of 50.

  5. #5Brad56122024-09-10 03:53

    It's for Pumped Hydro Storage, normal water. 88’000 USgpm and 1640 ft head. I don't know the weight (great tip though) or power. The brochure also has other info such as pipe diameter - https://www.lenntech.com/Data-sheets/Sulzer-brochure-HPDM-en-L.pdf

  6. #6Welder Dave2024-09-10 20:46

    I think you'll have to contact the supplier directly for pricing. Everything associated is going to be very pricey.

  7. #7crane operator2024-09-10 23:13

    Call the company and ask them. There's a salesman or manager there with 10 minutes for a round ballpark number. Not many guys here are going to have those kind of numbers, that's big gov't type, or power company type cost issues. We help pull a 14-16" pipe that pushes 14 miles or so, out of a submersible pump. I forget how many hp, Lake to lake for water supply. I'm sure they are half to three quarters of a million USD pump.

  8. #8Nige2024-09-11 04:49

    Why not contact the manufacturer with an enquiry. Tell them you need a price "for budgetary purposes" for that pump and ask them to give you a ball-park figure. It's not as if you're asking them for a binding quotation.