Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Lincoln Weldanpower G8000 w/Onan – run/start/stop and turtle switches

Temu ยท 2021-07-02 17:40

This welder was SMASHED by a huge Ponderosa Pine. It had sat for many years and WAS like brand new, but owner wanted to keep it until it got crushed, so I took on the project. The big stuff was easy, like the polarity dial which was also smashed, but I could tell where the large wires needed to be resoldered onto the new dial, ammeter, hobbs, and assorted other stuff, also easy. The problem was I cannot figured out where the grenaded r/s/s and turtle/rabbit switch wires went. Long shot hope someone here may have one of these units and can take a pic for me as I cannot locate a proper wiring diagram for this machine.

Replies5
  1. #1Temu2021-07-02 17:47

    A couple pics...

  2. #2Temu2021-07-02 17:50

    Currently...actually welded with it, but knew something was incorrect as the battery was draining - and smoked a regulator

  3. #3Welder Dave2021-07-05 15:39

    Lincoln uses code numbers for manual's but you can look up them up on the Lincoln website as a guest under Service Navigator. Should show a wiring diagram. Operators Manuals and Replacement Parts | Lincoln Electric

  4. #4Temu2021-07-05 17:25

    Sonofagun. That's where I went to get part numbers for what I ordered. Don't know why it didn't occur to me to look under owners manual for wiring diagrams??? Went this time again because of your post and found it. Muchos gracias!

  5. #5Welder Dave2021-07-05 18:43

    Glad I could help.