Hello I'm working on a few of these later model H80D Lindes and I don't have access to Deutz software to deal with engine management lights, the engine plug in for this particular Deutz on Linde pathfinder also seems to be locked behind a password. Does anyone know where/how/if there is a blink code system for fault diagnosis on the Deutz t4i/f engine, is it a button in the cab, the engine itself? google searches and other forums have led me to believe smaller older ones have this but I'm struggling with this, any help appreciated! Thanks
What duetz do you have exactly?? Late model can be a lot of models emr2 ?? Or an l4, l6 ?? You can google De utz serdia codes and get a full list of codes that include blink codes. But you need the engine model. Most codes cross over models but some don't depending on engine size and set up
Hey thanks for the reply and sorry for not being more specific, it is a Deutz TCD 4.1 L4 in a Linde 2019 H80D 396-03. I have found the list of blink codes for a few models this included I believe. My issue is how to produce the blink code, there is nothing in my Linde manual and other deutz manuals I've found have mentioned holding in a diagnostic button/switch during ignition to produce the blink code. I cannot find something like this in the cab. Alternatively I do have Linde pathfinder software but access to this engine through that requires a user identification password? Any ideas or suggestions much appreciated thank you
With software the Deutz engine management side requires serdia or another aftermarket software to interface. I use texa and surprisingly does a very good job on Deutz for being 3rd party. Do you have the deutz display or is the display an OEM module ? You should able to retrieve codes on either. Its part of j1939 protocol. Do you just have two buttons on your display ? Holding one or both for a set time should push you into code retrieval mode. This engine is fully integrated you should get full Spn/fmi codes in a data log not just blink codes within the display. If any OEM manufacturer uses their own display/gauge cluster Deutz sets forth the requirements to make it sync with their e cm. So in reality all brands interface t GE same way. Just getting to the data requires different methods. You might have to call lindi but a combination of the display buttons should allow you to access the service menu.
Thanks again for your reply. The issue is I have no engine software/hardware, the Deutz decom scanner and software is very expensive and reportedly unreliable. This is why I have been trying to find the display/buttons/lamp for a manual code retrieval but knowing Linde I don't think there even is a way of doing this, as you cannot even reset a service interval without software on their trucks now. (but had to ask in case I was missing something silly). Would be very interested to research your texa solution if you could provide more information on that as i simply cant afford the official gear.
There has to be a way for to access engine trouble codes with out software. All manufacturers have to meet standards the standards set forth by the government just like all care sold in the us have to be obd2 equipment sold in the us has the same standard. Now once you get the codes thats another story and where you need software.
friend,as i know you need two 1.DEUTZ DECOM adatper Deutz DECOM Communicator Diagnostic Tool for Deutz Engine Controllers Deutz diagnostic scanner tool Deutz DeCOM SerDia software support CAN K/L-Line Deutz DECOM controllers diagnosis kit www.autoepccatalog.com 2.Deutz Serdia4.0 software