What are ya'll using I have a York don't much care for it.
Hi there, I run a B&D machine with 1 3/4" bars. I have been looking around for quite a while now, just can't figure out which facing head I should go for. What problems do you have with the York ?
The gear that feeds it sometimes will not mesh and it will lock up and throw your tommy rod across the shop.When it is working you can't get more than a few thousandths.
I'm looking at facing heads at the moment, theres a groove cutting tool thats abit different,(a lot cheaper than a facing head, roughly $2500) with BOA, other wise i have a 1.75" bar and 2.25" bar both climax, will probably be going towards a facing head built by portable machine tools australia ( http://www.pmtaus.com ) about $5000, which i think is 1 or 2 thousand cheaper than climax, this guy will do any facing head to suit any bar size. Other wise hoffman sell a quality facing head but theres a large price on there head and i think it mite only suit a 2" bar.
Hofmanns boring heads are 2 inch standard. They will do them for 2.250. They are the cream of the crop and more expensive. I have two. One will face out to 350mm and the other to around 1000mm. That one also has variable feed up to a mm per rev.
We have a Climax B5500 machine including a facing head and are very happy with it.
hey ray do hofmann do both small and large facing heads for a 2.25" bar, is it as per request??
Sometimes they are in stock or you may need to wait till they put a batch through.
Climax bb5500 with facing setup. Boring set up is great can't ask for anything more facing setup works well but could be a little more refined. The boretech face welding setup is a sweet tool.
we love the boretec welder as well, a lot of the time if you make a tidy job of the building up the face with the boretec it makes the facing operation so much easier
Just finished facing the end of the loader arms on a komatsu 320 tonight.