992d
Nice blocking to keep loader arms up. Its mobile too.
Would love to see more pics of the process, never seen it done before.
We have a guy comming somtime this month to do some lineboring on one of our loaders. Looks like an interesting project. Thanks for the pics. Trbo Blountville is the exit to BMS right?
ill try to get some more pictures tom. and yes blountville exit is to bms as a matter fact hyw 394 is where i live and i worked on 992c that was onn that job.im about 1.5 fron track
Yeah, a dozer ROPS or a truck bed make sturdy supports to set big loader arms on for cylinder changeouts or pin and bushing repairs. I've done it many times. I'm a little surprised that the cover over "the hole" is off. That area around the main hydraulic control valve assembly is one of the dirtiest, greasiest spots on a 992 and a prime candidate for a fire if a spark or a splat of hot metal drops in there. I've seen that a few times too. This welder is asking for a hot seat.
I always wet down those areas real well before any hot works. It doesn't take much for a welding splat or spark to extinguish when falling into a wet spot, not compared to when it gets going into a grease fire. Perhaps he did the same.
You got to have the fire extinguisher very close when you do this type of jobs.