I was digging today and electrical problem alarm came in, tried to check trouble codes but only one shows up. A machine main unit trouble code M0080, my service manual only has engine trouble codes listed. Anybody have an idea what this is?
M0080 is upper or travel pilot pressure switch. If this fault is active, you will not have power lift.
Thanks, electrical alarm somehow cleared its self this morning. I checked for grounds with the diagnostics, no ground but did see hi transistor current output on the swing brake solenoid. What is this caused by and what do I need to do to correct it?
So does your swing brake work? It should mean that there is too much current draw in the swing brake solenoid circuit. Probably from a bad swing brake solenoid, or bad wiring to solenoid. Try unplugging the swing brake solenoid, and a new code should come up, in regards to the solenoid. I only have the case manuals, but it should be all the same information.
My swing brake works, will try to disconnect it and see what happens.
Need more help, I have no active codes but I still do not have power up. What do I need to do to trouble shoot? BTW- how do clear historical codes?
HeavyEquipmentForums So m0080 code is not active? If power up is not working, then one of your pressure switches is probably not working. Go to chk 2. TR1, should read 1000 with power up active. (first digit is power up, 1=on, 0=off) Go to chk 3. SW1 should have 0000 with nothing activated.
M0080 is in the historical Diag 5 screen. TR1 is reading 0011 and sw1 is 0000. Do I need to do something to turn it on? Or do I need d to troubleshoot pressure switches? Thanks for the page, it is written much better makes much more sense than my link belt service manual which has a similar page that appears to be a poor translation from Japanese. Would it be possible to a copy of the electrical section from you? Looking at the RST 1 section is really confusing.
Power up is disabled on long stick machines. Check if it is enabled. Go to RST1. PA should read 0000, and AU should read 0001. SW1 should change the 0's to 1's, as functions are used. (in order left to right, is breaker, swing, travel, and upper pressure switches) I will see what I can get for the electrical to you.
Gremlins are back, need help on what to do fix the codes.
Anybody have a troubleshooting guide for these codes? Case had the exact same excavator, so Case manuals can help.
488 is intake air temp sender fault. If your power lift and auto idle has been working, then I would ignore m0080. It can be set off from using one function too long.
Auto idle works, not sure on power lift, really have to put a big load on it to get it. Thanks for the Case manual, it is much better written than the LB manual. Between the two books, maybe I can figure out how to clear the fault.